OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS – U10 ART SPACE, BELGRADE
2018 ANNUAL PROGRAM
U10 Art Space announces its open call for artists and curators for the 2018 annual program. U10 is an artist run space in Belgrade, Serbia and supports the presentation, promotion and affirmation of young emerging artists from the region that work in the field of contemporary visual art. This year, a smaller part of the program will be formed through invitation while the rest will be selected through the open call. We also welcome international projects. More information can be found below.
The selection is done by the U10 team consisting of: Lidija Delić, Nina Ivanović, Sanda Kalebić, Sava Knezević, Isidora Krstić, Iva Kuzmanović, Nemanja Nikolić and Marija Šević.
I – AUTHORS CAN SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR:
- Individual exhibitions
- Group exhibitions
- Author’s / Curator selected exhibitions
- Short, one-day or evening presentations / Screenings / Book Promotions / Discussions / Panels or other events in the field of contemporary art
- Sound and music events
II – PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
– A major section of the program is devoted to the affirmation of young, local, yet unrecognized artists from Serbia and the wider region of the Balkans. Cooperation between several regional countries is also welcome.
– Candidates of any citizenship can apply
– We welcome international submissions that through their project support the cooperation and/or exchange with local artists.
– U10 is a platform that supports and promotes an innovative and experimental approach to arts and culture. In addition, we support transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary ideas and projects where art and broader scientific disciplines are expanded, intertwined, researched and critically examined.
III – THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. A DESCRIPTION of the project that the candidate is applying with, up to 300 words.
2. VISUAL AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION
– Up to 10 images/visuals
– In case that the project is not completed, is in progress, or based on time / duration, performance or other, please provide an additional description of the appearance and the idea of the project (up to 150 words), with a preferred visualization of the project in the form of sketches, 3D models or spatial visualisation.
– Sound and video: Up to three files, up to 3 minutes in length each. We accept links where you can see / hear the material. All the audio and video material sent via e-mail needs to be zipped.
3. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS List of technical equipment offered by U10 can be found below.
4. CV with contact information.
Please send all the application material in the form of a PDF document, and be sure to mention your name or project in the title.
IV – U10 ART SPACE PROVIDES:
- Exhibition space
- PR activities (exhibition promotion via our mailing lists and social networks: Facebook event, Twitter, Instagram)
- Available technical equipment (2 projectors, 3 media players, 1 set of speakers, 2 pairs of headphones and basic tools)
- Drinks at the exhibition opening
- Print materials (exhibition folder and posters)
V – PROVIDED BY EXHIBITOR:
- Transportof the works to and from U10
- Exhibition set-up
- Any additional equipment or technical support not provided by U10
- Travel costs and accommodation
- Dismantling, packing and removing works at the end of the exhibition and restoring the space to its original state
VI – HOW TO APPLY
– Please send your application to: email@example.com with the subject line “OPEN CALL APPLICATION – U10 Art Space – 2018”
– Applications sent by regular post will not be considered
– The artists commit to realising their project in the agreed period. The slots start from February 2018.
VII – DEADLINE
– The deadline for entries is 15th of October 2017 (including the 15th October, until midnight).
– Incomplete applications and applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
– The decision of the accepted projects will be made by 1st December 2017, after which all of the applicants will be notified by e-mail.
– For any additional information, please write us to: firstname.lastname@example.org